Doctor insights on:
Does Garamycin Treat Pink Eye
Yes.: Garamycin (gentamicin) is an acceptable front-line treatment for "pink eye" (conjunctivitis); however, as there is a lot of emerging resistance to some of these types of eye drops/ointments, if your toddler is not getting better after a couple of days, time to see your pediatrician for diagnosis and switch to more broad spectrum eye drops. ...Read more
Most are viral: When around other people don't get close and do not touch them, particularly when you have touched your eye. There is no specific treatment if this is viral (unless it is herpes), and if there is pus, it is getting worse, or it is affecting your vision see an eye doctor asap. ...Read more
Eye infection: I would not treat an eye infection without seeing an eye doctor to get a definite diagnosis and treatment plan. Many causes are viral and will not respond to antibiotics, and some cases of red eye are not an infection at all. Plus, some antibiotics work better than others for a given condition, depending on the patient's history. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will amoxicillin treat pink eye
- How long does pink eye last from cum?
- Can cephalexin treat pink eye?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can tobramycin be used to treat pink eye?
- Does pink eye cause headaches?
- How long does it take to get rid of pink eye?
- How long does pink eye last when sperm gets in it?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free