Doctor insights on:
Does Foot Powder Help To Treat Smelly Feet
Smelly feet: Creams are better, although there usually a reason for smelly feet. The problem mat be a bacterial infection called pitting karatolysis caused by a bacteria that eats the top layer of your skin leaving small pitts in your skin. This is usually associated with hyperhydrosis ( sweaty feet). You need an antibiotic pill and topical antibiotic cream for about two weeks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
See a podiatrist: Smelly feet are caused by bacteria, fungus, or both. It is best to allow your feet to air dry. Avoid shoewear that traps the moisture in the shoes. Often times cheap shoes do not breath and be made of plastic or simulated leather. Try soaking your feet in tea to dry the eccrine glands, use foot powders, ie zeasorb, and allow your feet to catch sunlight and air. See your podiatrist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: There are many commercial products available at local pharmacy. Washing them daily helps. If they sweat then control the sweating. A simple home remedy is to soak in warm water and tea bags. The tannic acid in the tea will dry your pores. Do it every day for a week and then maintenance once weekly works very well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I've never had a problem with smelly feet before. But now my feet always smell and i can't get rid of it. Help?
Dry them: Foot odor is from bacteria, bacteria grown in our shoes and between our toes. You need to rotate shoes and socks ie. Never wear same shoes 2 days in a row. Also wear socks with shoes whenever possible. If your feet sweat excessively you can spray the bottom with underarm deodorant before putting on socks. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How does ibuprofen help to treat arthritis differently from acetominophen?
- How long does it take to treat jock itch?
- How long does it take for a foot sprain to heal?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does selsun blue do to help ringworm?
- Causes for bottom of foot to have stinging pain when standing on feet
- How long does it take for soft tissue in the foot to heal?
- Is bad to masturbate when you have sinusitis or does it help clear your sinuses?
- Talk to a dermatologist online