Doctor insights on:
Does Folic Acid Make You Constipated
Folic acid: Depending on the age & the deficiency, the serum level & what it is used for, the usual adult dose is 400-1, 000 microgram per day. ...Read more
Folic acid, AKA folate (vit B9), is recommended for all women wanting to get pregnant -- 0.4mg (400mcg) daily, which is important for preventing birth defects like spina bifida. Women w/ a hx these disorders should take 10x that amt daily -- 4mg (4000mcg) through the 3rd month of pregnancy. It won't affect fertility, chances of conception/twins, or periods. ...Read more
Folic acid: No.Weight loss can be achieved through excellent nutrition focused on low glycemic index foods, consistent exercise and optimising hormonal imbalance.In my practice, it is the correction of hormonal imbalance which often starts the patient achieving success in the other two areas. ...Read more
Folic Acid: Folic acid is a water-soluble b vitamin which is very important for healthy hair growth. However, Folic Acid does not promote new hair growth on its own; its benefits can be enjoyed along with the other forms of b vitamins to encourage health hair growth. A deficiency of this vitamin can lead to change in hair color. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does folic acid make you gain weight?
- Does folic acid make you break out?
- Does not drinking alcohol make you constipated?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does taking too much folic acid make your skin dry?
- Does amino acids make you taller?
- Does folic acid give you energy?
- Does taking vitamin d make you constipated?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free