Doctor insights on:
Does Fertility Treatments Cause Vanishing Twin Syndrome
Depends on treatment: Clomid (clomiphene) ovulation induction may pose a 5-8% multiple pregnancy outcome. Injectable FSH treatment carries a higher risk of approximately 25%. In vitro fertilization carries a 30-35%, but this is highly dependent on number of embryos transferred to the uterus and several other parameters. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Wher is the best fertility treatments done in the world? I want to have twin boys , and how can I achieve it?
Wants twin boys: The best way is to take ovarian stimulants, and perform gender selection, but this may not work out they way that you wish. See my site "www.Gender-select.Com". ...Read more
None.: Vanishing twin syndrome is probably much more common that people think; it results in a singleton pregnancy and current evidence suggests it is rather the norm than the exception. No test can predict this, only serial prenatal sonograms can document it. No specific therapeutic intervention is warranted. ...Read more
Multiples & drugs: The chance of a multiple pregnancy depends upon the drug taken and dosage. Clomid (clomiphene) has a 6-8% chance of multiples & gonadotropins depends upon the dose take, and whether treatment is withheld if a sonogram shows multiple follicles that could release an egg. The percentage of multiple could be around 20 to 25%. ...Read more
Tooth decay: Sometimes hormonal imbalance can change the ph of your body which in turn can make your mouth more acidic, which can be an environment the bacteria like to thrive in. That can lead to tooth decay. Also you may change the way you eat based on being in treatment, which can be different and possibly change the ph. The lower the ph the more acidic. Bacteria secretes acid to cause decay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Not: They are not risky in that situation. They just have a low chance of success and therefore you are potentially taking medicine and paying for treatments that have a very low chance of success. But they are not "risky" ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does pregnancy complications cause vanishing twin syndrome?
- Does age cause vanishing twin syndrome?
- Does vanishing twin syndrome cause hemorrhage in mother?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vanishing twin syndrome cause disseminated intravascular coagulopathy?
- Does vanishing twin syndrome cause developmental delay in child?
- Does vanishing twin syndrome cause fetus compressus or fetus papyraceous?
- What does it mean when vanishing twin syndrome?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free