Doctor insights on:
Does Fertility Treatments Cause Chromosomal Abnormalities
Multiples & drugs: The chance of a multiple pregnancy depends upon the drug taken and dosage. Clomid (clomiphene) has a 6-8% chance of multiples & gonadotropins depends upon the dose take, and whether treatment is withheld if a sonogram shows multiple follicles that could release an egg. The percentage of multiple could be around 20 to 25%. ...Read more
Not: They are not risky in that situation. They just have a low chance of success and therefore you are potentially taking medicine and paying for treatments that have a very low chance of success. But they are not "risky" ...Read more
No: Obamacare offers women preventive health care and contraceptive care. ...Read more
Support: Progesterone is essential to supporting the endometrial lining for pregnancy. Under the influence of progesterone, the lining luteinizes, supplying important support for the embryo. Progesterone stabilizes the lining, and prevents an early period flow. "pro-gestation". ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
PGD 4 some diseases: In vitro fertilization can be combined with preimplantation genetic diagnosis where we test embryos for a genetic disorder before replacing disease-free embryos or carriers back into the mother's uterus. This can be done for any known single-gene disease like cystic fibrosis. Most diseases involve multiple genes, like diabetes. So a very limited form of eugenics for individual families at risk. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Chromosomal abnormalities that cause miscarriages
- Does fertility treatments cause vanishing twin syndrome?
- Abnormalities of chromosomes
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does oligohydramnios cause congenital abnormalities?
- Does uterine abnormalities cause breech?
- Does syphilis cause congenital abnormalities?
- Does congenital abnormalities cause polyhydramnios?
- Talk to a pediatrician online