Doctor insights on:
Does Family History Of Epilepsy Cause Seizure Disorder
Seizure is also known as Generalized seizures in adults. A seizure is a symptom in which a person has a convulsion or epileptic attack, usually involving jerking movements of the head, limbs, and rest of the body. It represents abnormal brain function, and can be caused by fever (mainly in young children), by brain infections or tumors, by drug abuse or overdoses, by chemical ...Read more
What is risk of my baby having epilepsy if there is a family history of epilepsy and I have seizures?
Depends on type: There are some rare inherited familial epilepsies, but most likely your child will be just fine, with just a slightly increased chance over that of the general popululation. ...Read more
I've never had a seizure & don't have family history of epilepsy, but I avoid potentially seizure inducing visuals. Is this a totally irrational fear?
A friend who does not have a seizure disorder had a long seizure (family claims it was over an hour long) is this posable? Drinking is invalved.
Seizures and alcohol: It's unlikely that the actual seizure lasted an hour. Typically, seizures last about a minute but the patient could be disoriented for a longer period of time thereafter. Alcohol can trigger seizures in people who are predisposed to it. Also, it is possible he may have fallen and hit his head as well. Either way, he should see a doctor asap. ...Read more
I have a seizure disorder. Now I have bronchitis. Is it possible for the bronchitis to cause a seizure? I was concerned after i had one today.
It should not: Patients who suffer from a seizure disorder need to get good sleep. If they are not sleeping well, seizures may be difficult to control. For someone without a seizure disorder, insomnia should not cause seizures. Excessive use of drugs to try to get to sleep may bring out a seizure disorder. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does family history of epilepsy cause febrile seizure?
- Does family history of febrile szs cause febrile seizures?
- Does family history of cleft lip or cleft palate cause cleft lip and palate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Family history of allergies and eczema
- Does family history of allergies or eczema cause bronchiolitis?
- Does family history of thrombophilia cause antiphospholipid syndrome?
- Does family history of thrombophilia cause c-section complications?
- Talk to a neurologist online