Doctor insights on:
Does Everyone Masterbate
No way to know: The majority of males and females masturbate at some time in thier lives. There is an old saying "99% of men masturbate and the other 1% lie" may hold true. Religeous beliefs and practices can influence the practice of masturbation. Religeon and sex often are on opposite ends of discussion and practice. Read moreSee 3 more doctor answers
Why don't I masturbate like everyone else? The technique. Like...I don't go up and down, am I the only one?
Why my eyes becomes yellowish after masturbation? From which everyone around me judged that I do masturbate and I don't like it.
Some connection: Believe it or not, there is some scientific basis, mainly due to oxidative stress, for certain eye changes after excessive masturbation or sexual activity. Damage to rods and cones affecting inner eye linings may account for the telltale signs. Take this as a protective effect to modify your habits for greater social acceptance:) Read more
Their choice: Most young males will not be able to stay focused on things they need to do, or even fall asleep, if they do not keep the pressure down by whatever means. Both sexes get acquainted with their bodies in preparation for adult life. Think about being in a wholesome relationship rather than internet trash. Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Masturbation is a normal and appropriate thing to do. In essence, even babies masturbate. Touching the genital to produce pleasure is masturbation. This is usually most prominent during the pubertal years and thereafter. If you find that it is all you think of, it interferes with your relationships, your dialy living and all, then you need to back away. Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Here are some...: Masturbation is a process of fulfilling pleasure-seeking from within in privacy; once one experiences its resultant gratification which is then ingrained in mind. As to its being good or bad, that hinges on if its consequence affects one's energy & ability for survival, growth, & continuation. If yes, it is bad; if not, okay. Remember: overindulgence & obsession are the most common chronic killers Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Even on holidays...: Normal men, women, boys, and girls masturbate (it's universal). It is not harmful, as the body goes through similar effects during regular sex with a partner (but too much of anything may become a problem). Masturbation does not stunt height, cause acne or hair loss, make you weak, create heart problems, lower testosterone, affect virginity, lower fertility, change your weight, or damage vision. Read more
Some handy facts...: Normal men, women, boys, and girls masturbate (it's universal). It isn't harmful, as the body goes through similar effects during regular sex with a partner (but too much of anything may become a problem). Masturbation does not stunt height, cause hair loss or gray hair, make you weak, create heart problems, lower testosterone, affect virginity, lower fertility, change your weight, or damage eyes. Read more
You choose: Some men prefer a "hard" ejaculation and wait several days between sessions. Essentially everybody does it, and it's your business. If you are missing appointments, not finding time to do the things you want to do or should be doing, or are avoiding meeting people who might be that one special person for you, then think about resetting your priorities. Otherwise -- enjoy yourself. Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
You decide: Most young people enjoy their bodies several times a week, or even a few time daily. It's fine; you learn about your mind ; body preparing for adult roles, and stay comfortable. If you're obsessed with erotica and can't put it away for the other things you need to be doing, get with your physician -- talk treatment to discover your inner strengths and/or medication can solve this. Read more
Sure: If you're obsessed with erotica so that you're missing out on other things in life that you should / want to be doing, your doctor can help. It's usual for a young single man to enjoy his body daily; many young women do as well. Vary your technique to prepare yourself for different partners. Read more