Doctor insights on:
Does Everyone Have Herpes Simplex 1
Maybe: The herpes family of viruses are very common. Some people will get outbreaks, others who are exposed may never have an outbreak, and only with a blood test will find out they were ever exposed. For those who have outbreaks, they can release the virus before a sore is present, either oral or genital sores. ...Read more
There are different types of herpes infections; herpes simplex infection of mouth (gingivostomatitis) and lips (labialis) are the most common. Others include genital herpes, and herpes zoster. Herpes infection could very mild to very dangerous depending on the type and location of the body affected. I ...Read more
Viral: Illnesses can pretty much all be transmitted and this one is no different. ...Read more
Herpes Simplex 1: At the time of initial herpes simplex virus type 1 infection a person may have fever, weakness, sore throat, painful lesions (most often on lips, around mouth, gums, tongue, cheeks), swollen ; /or painful lymph nodes in neck. There may be a gray coating on the tongue. It can be spread to genitalia. ...Read more
Medical evaluation: Cold sores are painful liquid filled blisters that can occur on the lips, roof of the mouth or the gums which are usually caused by the herpes simplex virus (hsv-1). Tingling ;/or pain can herald the oncoming of cold sore 1 to 2 days prior to eruption. Hsv-1 can also cause genital lesions. See your dr or an std clinic for accurate assessment ; lab testing. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does everyone have herpes simplex?
- What does herpes simplex 1 look like?
- Does everyone have hsv 1?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you have both herpes simplex 1 and 2?
- How does herpes simplex type 1 spread?
- Does everyone have dimples on their lower back?
- Can herpes simplex type 1 turn into type 2?
- Talk to a dermatologist online