Doctor insights on:
Does Endocarditis Have A High Mortality Rate
When a bacteria gets in the bloodstream, there is a chance of attaching to a heart valve. This is called endocarditis. If this happens, the bacteria can grow, causing lesions called vegetations to appear which can break off and plug small blood vessels in the hand, foot, or brain. The bacterial growth can also cause the valve to leak. If this is significant, valve ...Read more
Why does the U.S. have such a high infant mortality rate? Do we have fewer doctors who specialize in pregnancy?
This is only a general question. All things being equal, is there convincing evidence that patients with sepsis who have a high bilirubin total have a greater mortality rate then sepsis patients who have a bilirubin total in the normal reference range?
Yes: Yes.......High billirubin , means liver ,redcell, spleen ,GB problem....a additional burden to recovery. ...Read more
Yes: Mortality from hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy (hie) has improved in recent years due to a variety of medical interventions, including having a skilled pediatric attendant at delivery, early recognition of hie and prompt stabilization, intensive care neonatology, and most recently hypothermia therapy. Overall, mortality rates for hie are around 20-25%. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
15% with treatment: The death rate from plague is about 50% without treatment. In the United States, with treatment, the death rate drops to about 15%. Most cases are bubonic plague. For pneumonic plague, the death rate is 100% without treatment. Pneumonic plague is a bad infection and is considered fatal if treatment is not started within 24 hours. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How high does your heart rate need to be to have a heart attack?
- Is having a high pulse rate a sign of early pregnancy?
- What does it mean if i have a high arch palate?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does having a high white blood cell count indicate leukemia?
- Can you have a high blood pressure but low pulse rate?
- What does it mean to have high resting pulse rate?
- What effect does living at a high altitude have on mch value on my cbc results?
- Talk to a public health specialist online for free