Doctor insights on:
Does Elevated Intraocular Pressure Cause Retinal Detachment
The retina is the light sensitive layer in the back of the eye that transmits images to the brain via the optic nerves to create vision. If a hole or tear develops in the retina, eye fluids can separate the retina from underlying layer (choroid) . The most common cause of retinal holes or tears is traction from the vitreous, the clear gel that fils the inside of ...Read more
My blind eye has detached retina there is a lot of pain in my head an pressure in eye it feels like it will explode what should I do?
Hole in Retina: An rd is usually caused by a hole or tear in the retina or from membranes pulling on the retina. When the retinal layer peels away from the eye wall (like wall paper), it is detached and vision is lost. Symptoms of an rd are painless vision loss, flashing lights, and floaters. You should immediately see an eye md if you have these symptoms. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Great question : We know high IOP is the biggest risk factor, but other than that, genetics, aging, certain ethnicity (African American, Latino, Asian), thin corneas, high myopia, migraine, raynauds, systemic hyper- or hypotension, diabetes, chronic corticosteroids, eye injury, inflammation, & probably many more (yet to be determined) factors. Early detection w/ a comprehensive eye examination beginning under 40. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: I know of no direct relationship between the two. Perhaps other doc's will weigh in on your question. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Elevated pressure cause retinal detachment
- Eye pressure cause retinal detachment
- Does crying cause increased intraocular pressure?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does sinus pressure cause blurred vision in one eye?
- High blood pressure and neck pain
- Does colon cancer cause elevated white blood cells?
- Heavy lifting and retinal detachment
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free