Doctor insights on:
Does Eczema Spread From One Part Of The Body To Another
The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions prominent symptoms include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, or bleeding. The cause of eczema is unknown but is presumed to be a combination of ...Read more
Moisturizer: Keep the skin from getting dry, apply moisturizers, over the counter coco butter etc. ...Read more
Hi! I have lumps, one under my chin, both sides of my armpit and in upper part of collar bone. I have eczema, does this something to do with my lumps?
Also. I have what i believe is eczema and maybe it has to do something with my baby getting rash. It has spread on my body to my neck and face. ?
My son 13 months old. He has red color eczema started when he was 4 months. It was spread all the body but now on back of(knees, elbows,nick)?
Not unusual: The distribution you describe is typical for eczema in his age group. Continuous use of a moisturizer of the affected areas is critical, as well as a burst of a topical steroid (hydrocortisone) for flare ups. Also maintaining at least 40% humidity in the house. If these do not improve his situation, you should consult his pediatrician. ...Read more
How long does it take for eczema to go away if I use hydro cortisone cream 1 percent and the eczema is on part of my back, part of the arms, neck,face?
Hydrocortisone 1%: Although most versions of hydrocortisone 1% cream or ointment are labeled as maximum strength, this only means maximum strength to be sold without a prescription. Pharmacologically, hydrocortisone is a weak corticosteroid when compared to others in the same class. There are many, corticosteroid creams that are much more potent, but require a prescription. I sugges a visit to a dermatologist. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can warts spread from one part of the body to another?
- Will acne spread from one area of my body to another
- How does multiple sclerosis spread to other parts of the body?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What part of the body systems does the kidneys belong to?
- Why does pain from a headache spread to other parts of my body?
- How do cancerous cells spread from the lungs to the other parts of the body?
- What part of the body does down syndrome affect?
- Talk to a dermatologist online