Doctor insights on:
Does Dysphagia Run In The Family
I have swollen glands, a sore throat with difficulty swallowing and mucus running down back of throat. When i've cleared mucus it's yellow /brown?
Sore throat: You have what is called pharyngitis, or a sore throat. This could be either viral or bacterial in origin. If you have a runny nose also, it is likely to be viral. You should see your physician if the symptoms last for more than 10 days, if you have fever that won't go down, if you are having difficulty swallowing, and if you can't take in food or water. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unknown: Sometimes a crease is just a crease and does not mean anything. Just a random occurrence. ...Read more
Yes: Raynaud's symptoms do run in some families. There is presumed a genetic factor involved, but the particular genes have not been identified for raynaud's disease. In raynaud's syndrome, the other medical conditions, such as autoimmune disorders, can also be familial, resulting in several members of a single family having a disorder that causes raynaud's symptoms. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Rarely: The vast majority of cases of lymphedema have an identifiable cause, occurring after surgery, cancer, and/or radiation. We call this secondary lymphedema. A far smaller number of cases of lymphedema is primary, meaning that we can't identify the cause. Some of these cases are hereditary, and run in families, but not most, as far as we know. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does angina run in the family?
- Does the chiari malformation run in families will my children get it?
- Does susceptibility to lung infections run in the family?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does appendicitis run in families?
- Can bow legs run in the family?
- Does vasculitis run in families?
- Does sarcoidosis run in families?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free