Doctor insights on:
Does Drug Testing Student Athletes Reduce Drug Use Among Teens
Very: Drug testing is quite sensitive and highly specific. Most labs run very sensitive screens to identify major classes of drugs then when they find a positive they run a highly specific gas chromatograph / mass spectrometer. This test uniquely identifies the parent compound and its metabolites. If the sample chain of custody is good, there is only one explanation for a positive result. ...Read more
Urine testing is the: Most commonly used.Get a more detailed answer ›
As often as needed: Meconium drug testing is often done to validate a positive drug screen in the mother or newborn as the method is not confused by some innocent otc preparations. It can also demonstrate drug use over the months prior to birth where a urine test may miss those not used within days of birth. ...Read more
Yes: Right away depends on whether they are doing testing immediately and then sending to a lab for confirmation, or just sending to a lab. Many of the screening tests have tests for concentration as part of the test, and if the urine is too dilute it will show up. If they are just sending to the lab, the lab will tell them within 24 hours that the specific gravity or creatinine are low. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Drug use teens swollen lips
- What does drug testing test for?
- Does mifepristone show up in drug testing?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does urine drug testing take?
- Does titters show drug use?
- How does bmi work with teens and children do they use a different scale?
- What does it mean when iv drug use?
- Talk to a pediatrician online