Doctor insights on:
Does Doxycycline Reduce The Effectiveness Of Birth Control
Contraceptiion is a means of preventing conception (or fertilization). There are hormonal and non hormonal methods of preventing sperm and egg from meeting. Talk to your doctor or clinic about what options are best for you. There are short acting methods (condoms, pills, patch, ring) and long ...Read more
Is my monodox (doxycycline monohydrate) prescription for my skin affecting my birth control pill effectiveness?
Cannot say.: There can be no compromise or persistent compromise if the drug is not discontinued. ...Read more
You can: To tell you the truth, no one really know if there is any problem or none. However, based on the knowledge of pharmacology, after you stop doxy, you should be able to resume your bcp without any serious side effect. ...Read more
Curious to know if my birth control (Dasetta) will be less effective because I'm taking Doxycycline?
Drug interaction: "Antibiotics such as doxycycline may reduce the effects of ethinyl estradiol in some women. If you are using ethinyl estradiol for birth control, you may be at increased risk for pregnancy or breakthrough bleeding." (http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=940-0,1044-15529) ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have been on doxycycline for 7 months now and I have been taking my regular birth control during that time when will it be effective again?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Penicillin reduce effectiveness birth control
- Does doxycycline affect birth control?
- Effectiveness of birth control
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Grapefruit birth control effectiveness
- Does one night of diarrhea affect the effectiveness of your birth control?
- Doxycycline birth control
- What is the effectiveness of birth control pills?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free