Doctor insights on:
Does Delivery With Shoulder Dystocia Cause Humerus Fracture In Baby
I've shoulder dislocation with humerus fracture, I alreeady pass the surgery for 2 weeks, but now I feel the shoulder become dislocated again, help?
A fracture is a broken bone. As there is cartilage at the end of many bones at the joint, a fracture may also include a break in the cartilage. Fractures and broken bones are the same thing. It seems that many believe that a "fracture" is a lesser injury or an incomplete break in the bone, but this is not correct. Fractures may be displaced or ...Read more
There isn't one: It is generally impossible to tell beforehand if shoulder dystocia will occur. ...Read more
Depends on age: If an infant, fractures heal very fast. May be as soon as 2-3 weeks. ...Read more
Excercises: Work on resistive excercises focused on strengthening your rotator cuff or muscles around your shoulder and then do triceps and biceps excercises. You can work against a rubber band as light waistbands at first. Your fracture should be healed and you should consult with your doctor and physical therapist. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Bone Healing Aids: A well balanced diet is best regardless of injury. While taking a calcium supplement will not speed healing as well as a multi vitamin its part of a balanced diet. If you are taking anti inflammatory medication you should discuss the possible effects on fracture healing with your doctor. If you smoke stop while your fracture is healing. Smoking is associated with delayed fracture healing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It is a fracture (bone break) of the upper arm bone. The humerus is the bone that connects to the shoulder (through part of the shoulder blade) at one end, the elbow (through the two bones of the forearm, the ulna and the radius) at the other. The humerus can be fractured ...Read more
A bone fracture is a condition in which there is a break in the bone. It can be caused by a high force injury or it may result from a previous medical condition that involves weakening of the bone. Common symptoms include severe pain, swelling of the surrounding ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Delivery with shoulder dystocia humerus fracture in baby
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause clavicular fracture in baby?
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause delivery complication asphyxia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does postterm pregnancy cause delivery with shoulder dystocia?
- Does diabetes mellitus cause delivery with shoulder dystocia?
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause fetal death?
- Does delivery with shoulder dystocia cause major lacerations in mother?
- Talk to a orthopedic surgeon online for free