Doctor insights on:
Does Deafness Cause Delay
A fluctuating : Conductive hearing loss may cause a child not to discern correct pronunciation of words, causing speech (articulation) delays. There's still debate re: whether it causes delays in receptive (language comprehension) & expressive language ( verbalization of thoughts/ideas). Persistent delays in babbling/talking after pe tubes are placed require evaluation for a neurodevelopmental disorder & therapy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Hearing loss, or hearing impairment, is a partial or total loss of the ability to hear and can affect one or both ears. Causes of hearing loss include noise, genetics, aging, infections, or trauma. Hearing loss may be temporary or permanent. Most causes of hearing loss are correctable or treatable. Sufferers should consult ...Read more
Help! need to know if there's any evidence that delayed onset noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus can manifest itself years after severe noise exposure?
Most often wax: Fortunately, the most often reason is wax. People have a near complete blockage and can hear ok, when it becomes complete they feel "deaf." if not wax it can be middle ear fluid and rarely a viral illness that truly causes deafness. The key is is to see an ENT doctor right away as viral sudden deafness needs to be treated within 72 hours to have the best chance of recovery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does slapping on ear cause deafness?
- How does meningitis cause deafness?
- Does overdosing on tylenol cause deafness?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does adhd cause speech delays?
- Does copper t cause periods delay?
- Does too much fluoride cause growth delay?
- Does amniotic infection cause developmental delay in child?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free