Doctor insights on:
Does Deafness Cause Delay
A fluctuating : Conductive hearing loss may cause a child not to discern correct pronunciation of words, causing speech (articulation) delays. There's still debate re: whether it causes delays in receptive (language comprehension) & expressive language ( verbalization of thoughts/ideas). Persistent delays in babbling/talking after pe tubes are placed require evaluation for a neurodevelopmental disorder & therapy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Help! need to know if there's any evidence that delayed onset noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus can manifest itself years after severe noise exposure?
Most often wax: Fortunately, the most often reason is wax. People have a near complete blockage and can hear ok, when it becomes complete they feel "deaf." if not wax it can be middle ear fluid and rarely a viral illness that truly causes deafness. The key is is to see an ENT doctor right away as viral sudden deafness needs to be treated within 72 hours to have the best chance of recovery. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Several: There are several ear diseases that can result in profound deafness. These include viral infections of the inner ear; very severe middle ear infections that traverse the windows leading to inner ear infection; sudden sensori-neural hearing loss; autoimmune inner ear disease; meningitis. These may all occur within the first decade of life. ...Read more
Yes: The younger the onset of deafness the more heightened the other senses can become. This is a normal and natural process. It is hard to teach someone to do this, but it is usually a natural process that will just take place as the patient attempts to become more normal. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does adhd cause speech delays?
- Does gestational diabetes cause developmental delay in child?
- Does acid reflux cause speech delays?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does vanishing twin syndrome cause developmental delay in child?
- Does overdosing on tylenol cause deafness?
- How does meningitis cause deafness?
- Does congenital heart defects cause developmental delay in child?
- Talk to a head and neck surgeon online for free