Doctor insights on:
Does Danazol Cause Birth Defects
Many reasons: First, are they really increasing, or are they just living. Up until recently in history most of those pregnancies with defects would miscarry or the baby die rapidly after birth. Now we save these pregnancies and children. However, if increase, it is likely the many environmental exposures we have in the industrial age, both in the air we breath and perhaps the foods we eat. ...Read more
Stillbirth: Our biggest concern is that listeria infection in the expectant woman can cause death of her fetus. There have been cases traced to eating contaminated cheese and cold cuts. Please see my guide on what food to feed your family (and fetus); there are two answers and links to food safety there. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Unlikely: There are 2 reports of a very slight association of birth defects in children conceived whilst mothers were using spermicides. However these were retrospective rather than prospective studies, there are many more studies that refute the likelihood of subsequent birth defects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It WILL cause defect: "The baseline population risk of malformations is 3-5%, but it increases to almost 30% in women exposed to isotretinoin during the first trimester of pregnancy." see http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19961047 Many are profound, horrible defects--absent ears, tiny brain, deafness and blindness. Effects may occur many months after a woman ceases taking it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does danazol cause birth defects after stopping danazol?
- Does vitamin a cause birth defects?
- Does zoloft cause birth defects?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hydrocodone cause birth defects?
- Does thc in male sperm cause birth defects?
- What is atrazine does it cause birth defects?
- Does radiation poisoning cause birth defects?
- Talk to a pediatrician online