Doctor insights on:
Does Cystitis Cause Itching
It can: The typical symptoms of cystitis (inflammation of the bladder) are urinary urgency, frequency, burning with urination, and lower abdominal/bladder discomfort. An itching sensation in the penis or pelvic region (and not other areas of the body or skin) can be seen as well but less common. Prostatitis and urethritis infections more commonly associated with itching in the lower urinary tract. ...Read more
A urinary tract infection, also known as an UTI, may involve the kidney, ureter, bladder, or urethra. A common cause is an intestinal bacteria, E. coli. Common symptoms include a frequent urge to urinate, and pain or burning when urinating. Antibiotics are typically ...Read more
Possibly.: It can spread to the skin.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not typical: Chronic vaginal infections are a 'local' problem. They are not associated with nausea. On the other hand, some of the medications used to treat vaginal infections, for example metronidazole, can cause stomach upset or nausea. If you are being treated for a vaginal infection that is not responding well to treatment, and you are filling ill, it is time for another opinion! ...Read more
Vaginal infections: There are many causes of vaginitis, not all of which are really infections. Some cause itching, heavy discharge, foul odor. Sometimes there are no symptoms at all. Vaginal itching is usually associated with yeast, accompanied by thick white discharge. Trichamonas causes itching and odor. Discharge and odor with no real itching is usually bacterial vaginosis, not treated, but managed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does the mirena coil cause cystitis?
- Does fibromyalgia cause interstitial cystitis?
- Does interstitial cystitis cause cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does interstitial cystitis cause back pain?
- Does chronic fatigue syndrome cause interstitial cystitis?
- Does group b streptococcal infection cause cystitis?
- Does irritable bowel syndrome cause interstitial cystitis?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free