Doctor insights on:
Does Contact With Strep Throat Cause Strep Throat
Strep bacteria: If you indeed have strep throat, then your sore throat is caused by a bacterium called streptococcus pyogenes, which can sometimes be resistant to antibiotics. However, sore throat can be caused by a vast number of causes. Actual strep throat needs to be treated with antibiotics in order to prevent rheumatic fever. See your doc for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Wishing you'all the best. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have had strep throat 5 times in 3 months and i think i'm getting it again. What are the causes of this?
Let me explain: Experts can narrow recurring strep throat down to a few factors. One is that you have simply contracted a resistant form of the bacteria or your antibiotic has failed for some other reason. Another possibility is that you may have a weakened immune system. Another is that you are or someone in your family is a strep carrier. ...Read more
Yes in certain cases: Cellulitis does not "cause" strep throat. However, both cellulitis and strep throat can be caused by a bacteria called streptococcus pyogenes (group a strep, aka gas). Gas produces different toxins resulting in symptoms such as fever, malaise, very red skin, and low blood pressure. Both these infections must be treated aggressively, with penicillin remaining the drug of choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long does fever associated with strep throat last?
- How long does rash associated with strep throat last?
- Does strep throat cause hoarseness or loss of voice?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long does loss of appetite associated with strep throat last?
- How long does bad breath associated with strep throat last?
- Does strep throat cause bad breath?
- How long does rash on abdomen associated with strep throat last?
- Talk to a pediatrician online