Doctor insights on:
Does Contact With Strep Throat Cause Strep Throat
Strep bacteria: If you indeed have strep throat, then your sore throat is caused by a bacterium called streptococcus pyogenes, which can sometimes be resistant to antibiotics. However, sore throat can be caused by a vast number of causes. Actual strep throat needs to be treated with antibiotics in order to prevent rheumatic fever. See your doc for a proper diagnosis and treatment. Wishing you'all the best. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I have had strep throat 5 times in 3 months and i think i'm getting it again. What are the causes of this?
Let me explain: Experts can narrow recurring strep throat down to a few factors. One is that you have simply contracted a resistant form of the bacteria or your antibiotic has failed for some other reason. Another possibility is that you may have a weakened immune system. Another is that you are or someone in your family is a strep carrier. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does strep throat cause a fever?
- Does strep throat cause a cough?
- Does strep throat cause mouth sores?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does strep throat cause neck pain?
- Does strep throat cause body aches?
- Does swallowing semen cause strep throat?
- Does strep throat cause bad breath?
- Talk to a pediatrician online