Doctor insights on:
Does Congenital Toxoplasmosis In Fetus Cause Intrauterine Growth Restriction
Please see below.: Congenital toxoplasmosis symptoms can range from none to severe, and can be seen anywhere from the first month to later in life. Infected babies can have anemia, low platelets (which can cause easy bleeding or bruising), jaundice, small heads, brain calcifications, seizures, mental retardation, vision loss, or other neurologic problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Lupus: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Baby measured 2 days smaller on anatomy scan @ 20 weeks. How can avoid intrauterine growth restriction? Diet is not too varied but i eat healthily.
Consult with OB-GYN: Not knowing more about you it's very important that you talk about this finding with your ob-gyn for the sake of your baby and your emotional state of mind. You only want the best for this baby and your want to do everything to insure a healthy child is born. ...Read more
MF/placental factors: Maternal-fetal and placental etiologies can all cause fetal growth restriction. Severa fetal syndromes can lead to fgr (e.g. Down, patau, triploidy, edwards, noonan's, digeorge). Multifetal pregnancies are at increased risk for fgr; this can result in fetal demise, fetal brain injury, cerebral palsy or even normal outcomes in non-syndromic cases. Placental infarcts, hypertension, lupus: culprits. ...Read more
Toxoplasma testing: There arev 2 immunologic tests-igg serum level and igm. The first indicated a possible present or past contact. The latter confirms or rules out a present contact. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does congenital abnormalities cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does congenital viral infection cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does placental insufficiency cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does hiv positive cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does fetal karyotype cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does antiphospholipid syndrome cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does cocaine use cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Talk to a pediatrician online