Doctor insights on:
Does Congenital Toxoplasmosis Cause Pregnancy Complications
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Please see below.: Congenital toxoplasmosis symptoms can range from none to severe, and can be seen anywhere from the first month to later in life. Infected babies can have anemia, low platelets (which can cause easy bleeding or bruising), jaundice, small heads, brain calcifications, seizures, mental retardation, vision loss, or other neurologic problems. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes.: The risk of vertical transmission increases with increasing gestational age at maternal infection. Conversely, the risks of intracranial lesions and serious neurodevelopmental sequelae decrease with increasing gestational age at maternal infection. Rarely, fetal infection leads to stillbirth or neonatal death. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What could cause a 3 weeks pregnant women to become profoundly immune suppressed that makes the toxoplasmosis to reactivate with igm2.5 & igg51.2 thx?
See 1 more doctor answer
I'm pregnant & i've been told I have to really wash the fruit bfore i eat it cause of toxoplasmosis.What about mandarines?Wash them after i peel them?
Inside of fruit shou: Should be fine, u need to wash the outside of any fruit u eat well, more common to get toxo from a cat or an infected person. ...Read more
Possible, but unlike: Toxoplasma infection can reactivate in immunocompromised pregnant women who were infected with toxoplasma before their pregnancy, and this can lead to congenital infection. The key word in immunocomprimised. If your immune sustem is healthy and normal, re-activation (while possible) is unlikely. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause high risk pregnancy?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis cause stillbirth?
- Does poor nutrition cause pregnancy complications?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does pregnancy complications cause blighted ovum?
- Does glycosuria at the first prenatal visit cause pregnancy complications?
- Does pregnancy complications cause separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Does pregnancy complications cause kidney stones?
- Talk to a pediatrician online for free