Doctor insights on:
Does Congenital Toxoplasmosis Cause Pregnancy Complications
Ask our ObGyn Specialists
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Ask our ObGyn Specialists
Please see below.: Congenital toxoplasmosis symptoms can range from none to severe, and can be seen anywhere from the first month to later in life. Infected babies can have anemia, low platelets (which can cause easy bleeding or bruising), jaundice, small heads, brain calcifications, seizures, mental retardation, vision loss, or other neurologic problems. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
Yes.: The risk of vertical transmission increases with increasing gestational age at maternal infection. Conversely, the risks of intracranial lesions and serious neurodevelopmental sequelae decrease with increasing gestational age at maternal infection. Rarely, fetal infection leads to stillbirth or neonatal death. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
What could cause a 3 weeks pregnant women to become profoundly immune suppressed that makes the toxoplasmosis to reactivate with igm2.5 & igg51.2 thx?
I'm pregnant & i've been told I have to really wash the fruit bfore i eat it cause of toxoplasmosis.What about mandarines?Wash them after i peel them?
Possible, but unlike: Toxoplasma infection can reactivate in immunocompromised pregnant women who were infected with toxoplasma before their pregnancy, and this can lead to congenital infection. The key word in immunocomprimised. If your immune sustem is healthy and normal, re-activation (while possible) is unlikely. ...Read moreGet help from a doctor now ›
I know toxoplasmosis is dangerous for fetus/pregnancy. But what happens to an infant if they are infected with toxoplasmosis?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause high risk pregnancy?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis cause stillbirth?
- Does poor nutrition cause pregnancy complications?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does pregnancy complications cause blighted ovum?
- Does glycosuria at the first prenatal visit cause pregnancy complications?
- Does pregnancy complications cause separation of the symphysis pubis?
- Does pregnancy complications cause kidney stones?
- Talk to a pediatrician online