Doctor insights on:
Does Congenital Small Pelvis Cause Cephalopelvic Disproportion
Doctor: Truly, only an xray can make the definitive diagnosis. ...Read more
Poor advice: Even though you HAV a clinically small pelvis, there are many other factors that you cannot predict - ultimate size of baby, how much the head can mold, the power of the contractions and the distensibilty of the soft tissues. In any event, recent acog guidelines require 39 completed weeks before elective delivery. This is because of increased admission to the nicu before 39 weeks. ...Read more
5'4 112 pds, small pelvis. Will ligament pains b/c of growing belly hurt more as baby gets big b/c of my size? Is back pain guaranteed? How do I deal?
Can you describe what delivery exactly feels like? Doc says I have small pelvis but vaginal birth can still happen. I would like to experience it.
Worst pain: Well as a pediatrician who has had three wonderful children vaginally with no pain meds, I can tell you it is the worst possible pain I can imagine. Stay in good shape, gain the recommended weight, try yoga or meditation. It is a beautiful process, but if you choose to get assistance with pain, feel no guilt about that. Listen to your OB's advice. A healthy baby is the most important outcome! ...Read more
Probably not.: A small pelvis might make child bearing difficult, but the size of the vagina is much more relevant. Under the right conditions, even a very small adult vagina can accomodate a normal male penis. ...Read more
Does pant size give any indication as to having a small pelvis? I wear a size 2, or 27'' pants size. And the bone pops out a bit on both sides, normal
I suppose: Since you are petit according to your clothing then it is safe to say that your pelvis is smaller than a very large person. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does congenital abnormalities cause cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Does fibroids cause cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Does macrosomia cause cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is overweight a symptom of cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Cephalopelvic disproportion fibroids
- Cephalopelvic disproportion hemorrhage in mother
- Is ethnicity a factor in cephalopelvic disproportion?
- Talk to a pediatrician online