Doctor insights on:
Does Codeine Cause Constipation
Safe but nauseous: Codeine, and all of the opiate drugs, can cause nausea, especially if taken on an empty stomach. The best way to avoid this is to eat someting like bread or crackers before taking the drug. And all of the opiates also cause constipation- so drink more water and eat fruits and veggies. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Have a sinus infection & was prescribed Zithromax & guaifenesin w/codeine. Can this cause constipation? I haven't really eaten but feel quite bloated.
Yes: Codeine is probably the drug that does this, but why are you taking these two drugs? ...Read more
Am i better off taking codeine, for my broken leg, or if i ask for tramadol will that work just as well without the constipation as a side effect?
On codeine for sore lower back. stomach extremely bloated -> bowel movements normal, don't think it's constipation. Stomach tight, irritable. Norm?
Side effect: It's true that codeine often causes constipation but it can also cause gastric irritation and/ or nausea in some patients. If you are intolerant of codeine you may have to get by with extra strength Tylenol (acetaminophen) which doesn't irritate the stomach. You may tolerate codeine if you take it with food and not on an empty stomach. ...Read more
Period pain, 2nd day in (now) lower stomach/lower back, dizy, feel week in legs2 panadeine, codeine 8mg. Also a tablet for acid reflux and constipated?
Period pain: Your symptoms may be due to the codiene that you are taking. ...Read more
Yes: They are both opioids, .Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does codeine cause weight gain?
- Is it safe to take codeine on empty stomach it causes me constipation?
- Does lucozade cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does ketamine cause constipation?
- Does coumadin cause constipation?
- Does constipation cause backache?
- Does peanut cause constipation?
- Talk to a pain management specialist online for free