Doctor insights on:
Does Citrus Help Prevent Lice Infestations
I have a itching scalp but its not lice and i've scratched so much it bleeds and scabs up what can I use to prevent this please help?
Selenium or coal tar: No really! is always best to see a doctor before the training regimen but you may save some time by using one of the two shampoos that i recommend. The first is selenium sulfide and is in many different brand names. Coal tar is used in t gel shampoo and i highly recommend that one, it maybe stinky but it does work. I tell my patients to use the shampoos three times a week and rinse after 10 min. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best way to get rid of lice prevent it from coming back. My 12 year old daughter has it again for the 2 nd time in 6 months. Help!
Lice trouble: Lice infestation is trouble some and chances of recurrence are high upon exposure. Problem is not the live lice but the nits. You have to get rid of both. Newly marketed couple of products promise to get rid of nits as well. See if you doctor can prescribe that. You can do repeated hair treatment with the shampoo. No substitute for hygiene.Yes Ovide is a good one. ...Read more
Will removing hair from the genital area helps in removing pubic lice and thereby prevent itching?
Pubic Lice: A lice-killing lotion containing 1% Permethrin or a mousse containing pyrethrins and piperonyl butoxide can be used to treat pubic ("crab") lice. These products are available over-the-counter without a prescription at a local drug store or pharmacy. These medications are safe and effective when used exactly according to the instructions in the package or on the label. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does masturbation help prevent prostate enlargement?
- Does flaxseed help prevent bad breath?
- Does sunscreen help prevent malar rash or discoid rash in lupus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does clomipramine help prevent premature ejaculation?
- Does grape juice help prevent blood clots?
- Does circumcision help prevent penis odor?
- How does isosorbide dinitrate or mononitrate help prevent angina attacks?
- Talk to a pediatrician online