Doctor insights on:
Does Cheese Cause Constipation
Constipation: Constipation refers to inability to pass stool, having to strain to pass stool, or passing hard stools. It is a function of diet, water intake, medication and lifestyle. Many hard cheeses can contribute to constipation while soft cheese(ricotta, cottage) can cause more looser stools. Eating cheese without sufficient fiber, fluids and fresh fruis and vegetables can contribute to constipation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Eat Balanced Diet: The most common cause of constipation is inadequate dietary fluid and fiber. Eating a well balanced diet which consists of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts; combined with a minimum fluid intake of 48 ounces of water (more is better) is the best way to prevent constipation. Recommended daily fiber intake for adults is 38 grams for males, 26 grams for females. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does cheese cause constipation or diarrhea?
- Does cottage cheese cause constipation?
- Can cheese cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Cheese and constipation
- Can eating too much cheese cause constipation?
- Does cream cheese cause acne?
- Does cheese cause high cholesterol?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online