Doctor insights on:
Does Cardiac Arrest Hurt
Depends on: Why you had the cardiac arrest. If due to coronary artery disease, you should avoid simple carbs and get plenty of aerobic exercise. Look at lowglycemicindex.Com. Also avoid caffeine and stimulants. If another cause, like hocm, valve disease, arrhythmogenic right ventricular dysplasia or some other cause, look to treat the underlying cause first. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Stopped heart: Cardiac arrest occurs when the heart stops pumping blood forward . The stoppage is usually due to to a change in the heart's electrical rhythm that prevents the muscle cells from squeezing in an organized fashion. Cardiac arrest can also occur with a normal heart rhythm, if the heart is too weak to pump blood or too empty to have blood to pump. In any case, immediate resuscitation is needed. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Heart stops: Cardiac arrest is when the heart stops beating effectively. The heart actually ceases to beat or the heart has other electrical rhythm disturbances in which the heat no longer can work as a pump. Because of the lack of blood flow to the brain, patients become comatose, and stop breathing. Unless the condition is reversed quickly, death follows. CPR can provide some protection until help arrives. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does sarcoidosis sometimes cause a cardiac arrest?
- Does hypoxia by itself lead to cardiac arrest?
- What does it mean when cardiac arrest?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How often does cpr work to revive someone from cardiac arrest?
- Side effects of cardiac arrest
- Cardiac arrest myocardial infarction
- Acls cardiac arrest algorithm
- Talk to a critical care specialist online for free