Doctor insights on:
Does Campral And Have Rage Effects On A Somewhat Lasting Basis
No: There are no case reports of anything like a rage reaction with use of acamprosate. It is a form of a naturally occuring amino acid, is not metabolized and has no drug interactions. It is more likely that the underlying alcoholism or other psychiatric problems is leading to it. Some individuals use alcohol to decrease inner rage. The lack of drinking may be releasing the rage response. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Nothing: If you drink alcohol when you take campral, you do not have side effects. It's not like Antabuse [you feel sick if you drink and take Antabuse at the same time]. Campral helps you when you are withdrawing from alcohol: feeling anxious, trouble sleeping, sweating. What kind of support do you have? Congrats on making important changes in your life! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just started campral yesterday. How long does it normally take to start seeing therapeutic benefits.
Use with support: You are taking Campral for alcohol dependence. You want to know how long to expect effect. Taking Campral will require a support group to help. The medication will take awhile to work in your brain. Using a support group to help when you feel overwhelmed will help. You didn't get this way overnight so it's going to take a while to recover. Good luck. ...Read more
It only assists you: Branded as campral, acamprosate is only indicated/used for the maintenance of alcohol abstinence. Because of it is relatively short half-live, it must be taken as 3pills 3x/day and only works as long as it is being taken. Will power and self-discipline are of utmost important as the medication is only to assist you maintaining abstinence from alcohol. Consult doc. Good luck. ...Read more
No: For something to be addictive it has to cause either tolerance or withdrawal, it has to become a salent part of the patients life, & there has to be loss of control. There are no reports to my knowledge of Campral meeting these criteria. In fact, it is quite useful to decrease cravings for alcohol in someone addicted to alcohol. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lsd have damaging effects on the developing brain of a teenager?
- I have sciatica pain and now a rash on that spot what does that mean
- What does it mean to have a small white bump on the face and its not acne?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Will the rotavirus have lasting effects on a person years later
- What effects does alcohol and caffeine have on the body?
- Does finding a black spot on your vaginal wall mean you have cancer?
- I have a lump on the joint between my middle finger and hand what is it
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free