Doctor insights on:
Does Calcification In Thyroid Nodules Mean That You Have Cancer
It depends: It depends upon the pattern of the calcification. "eggshell" calcification, where there is a thin calcific rim around the the nodule is not associated with an increased risk of cancer, while "microcalcifications" inside the nodule are associated with a much higher risk of cancer, 50-100%, compared to 5% for nodules in general. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
My 54 year old sister has 2 thyroid nodules that are heterogeous and calcified. Is this cancer? How serious is this?
USG FNA: At first, most probably you should have ultrasound guided fine needle aspiration after consultation with your physician. Calcifications can be seen in benign nodular goiter. So, continue evaluation of your thyroid nodule, to rule out thyroid cancer, follow all tests what your physician ask you to do. Thanks for question. Stay well. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a heterogeneous hypoechoic thyroid nodule with solid components, internal vascularity and calcifications. Is there a chance this is cancer?
My husband has been diagnosed with thyroid nodules which are solid and have micro calcifications. What does this mean?
Needs a biopsy: The most common form of thyroid cancer (papillary) has certain features on us that let us know if a nodule is worrisome. Microcalcifications is one of them. He should have a biopsy. Although thyroid ca is generally curable, it is a bit more serious in males than females and thus this should be followed up with a u/s guided - needle biopsy by an experienced physician. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i have thyroid nodules does that mean i have thyroid cancer
- Does imperforate anus mean you will probably have anal cancer later in life?
- I have hypothyroidism does that mean i will be more prone to thyroid cancer
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does the white on your fingernails mean that you dont have enough calcium in your body?
- Does finding a black spot on your vaginal wall mean you have cancer?
- What does it mean when you have yellow in the white of your eye?
- What does it mean if you have pain in your right leg?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free