Doctor insights on:
Does Caffeine Cause Bladder Cancer
The bladder is a muscular organ in the pelvis that accepts urine from the kidneys, stores the urine at low pressure, & expels the urine during voluntary voiding. Though seemingly a simple reservoir, the bladder is a complex organ intricately connected with the brain and spinal cord with sensory, motor, and autonomic circuits. The muscular layer that contracts during voids ...Read more
Several factors...: Smoking tobacco increases your risk of bladder cancer by causing harmful chemicals to accumulate in your urine. Chemicals linked to bladder cancer risk include arsenic and chemicals used in the manufacture of dyes, rubber, leather, textiles and paint products. Urinary schistosomiasis (a parasitic infection endemic in egypt, africa and the middle east) is associated with bladder cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Carcinogens: Just like lung cancer and smoking, there is association between bladder cancer and smoking. The carcinogens taken up by the body are excreted into the urine which was held in the bladder and all those chemicals can then act on the lining of the bladder to cause cancer. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does hpv cause bladder cancer?
- Does bladder cancer usually cause many symptoms?
- Does caffeine cause cancer?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does colon cancer cause elevated white blood cells?
- How long does it take for chewing tobacco to cause oral cancer?
- Does ovarian cancer cause leg numbness and foot swelling?
- Why does ovarian cancer cause heartburn?
- Talk to a urologist online for free