Doctor insights on:
Does Brown Rice Cause Constipation
Hi. well i started to introduce brown rice in my eating and my hubby and i got constipation that is some difficulty in passing stool. Could u clarify ?
Fiber?: White rice and farina(the white bread of hot cereals) have no fiber to speak of. Brown rice has a bit more. Whole wheat cereal, e.g. Wheaten a, whole oats, e.g. Oatmeal, oat bran have more fiber. Can't have a decent stool without adequate fiber. In general, aim for 25-35gm/day. Lots of good sources of fiber, r.G. Beans, fruit/veg, whole grains. Lots of good info online. ...Read more
No.: Meats have some transfats, but most are manmade. Transfats are made by hydrogenating oils, which turns them into solids (shortening). Transfats are used in processed foods b/c they last longer on shelf that way -- cookies/pie crusts/chips/popcorn/donuts/creamer/margarine. They raise LDL (bad) and lower HDL (good) cholesterol, which leads to heart disease. Saturated fats are just as bad! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does rice cause constipation?
- Does brown rice cause gas?
- Does brown rice cause stomach cramps?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does red wine cause constipation?
- Does ibuprofen cause constipation?
- Does gas x cause constipation?
- Does biotin cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online