Doctor insights on:
Does Brown Rice Cause Constipation
Hi. well i started to introduce brown rice in my eating and my hubby and i got constipation that is some difficulty in passing stool. Could u clarify ?
Fiber?: White rice and farina(the white bread of hot cereals) have no fiber to speak of. Brown rice has a bit more. Whole wheat cereal, e.g. Wheaten a, whole oats, e.g. Oatmeal, oat bran have more fiber. Can't have a decent stool without adequate fiber. In general, aim for 25-35gm/day. Lots of good sources of fiber, r.G. Beans, fruit/veg, whole grains. Lots of good info online. ...Read more
Brown rice: Brown rice has more fiber and vitamins. It also takes longer to cook. There are legions of people who will swear by it, and even more legions who eat white rice without thinking twice, every day. It probably is a little better, but you may eat white rice without damage to your children. Some children have a strong preference. Don't fight this battle. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does rice cause constipation?
- Does brown rice cause gas?
- Does brown rice cause stomach cramps?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does brown rice thin your blood?
- Does brown rice help you lose weight?
- Does brown rice syrup help with weight loss?
- Does brown rice contain trans fats?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online