Doctor insights on:
Does Blurry Vision Cause Motion Sickness While Driving
Randomly developed nausea and motion sickness even while driving my own car. What could cause this?
Motion sickness: Balance is maintained by an interaction between the ears, eyes, neck, and cerebellum. It sounds like you are having worsening motion sickness or mal de barquement syndrome which is thought to be from imbalanced input from the ears and eyes. Suggest eye exam and vng/vemp from ent. Pt is useful for unilateral vestibular weakness and motion sickness. ...Read more
Associations: Not unique for migraine sufferers to experience both childhood and adult motion sickness. Some pts have inner ear issues which make them very sensitive to motion. Others have a genetic sensitivity to seasickness. Some medications may have side effects which promote such issues. Some metabolic medical conditions can affect the inner ear/vestibular system. ...Read more
Are motion sickness tablets effective for nausea caused from playing video games or carnival rides?
Yes . But why: They very well may help, but why take a medication when the stimulus can be avoided. ...Read more
Will OTC meds for motion sickness help with neurologically based nausea (such as from damage to the spine and nerves would cause)?
Nausea: There are several different medications to help with nausea. They all work fairly well, but none work 100%. It would not hurt to try the otc meds, and if that does not help, then ask your doctor. If you are on any daily medications, you may want to check with your doctor before starting otc meds. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Vision cause motion sickness driving
- Blurry vision lead to motion sickness
- Visions astigmatism and motion sickness
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why does reading in the car cause motion sickness?
- Does being hungover cause blurry vision?
- Does celiac disease cause blurry vision?
- Does lack of sleep cause blurry vision?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free