Doctor insights on:
Does Blepharitis Cause Any Other Eye Symptoms Other Than Crusting On The Lashes
I have blepharitis, and since i've gotten it i've noticed that one of my eyelids drups and it doesn't open all the way like the other eye. I was just wondering if this is a cause of blepharitis, and if there's anything I can do about it.
Blepharitis: Blepharitis can contribute to dry eye as the eyes stay moist through a combination of mucous production from goblet cells, a low level of tear production and oil production along the lids form glands such as Meibomian glands. The inflammation associated with blepharitis can reduce oil production exacerbating dry eye symptoms. The mainstay of treatment are warm compress and hygiene. ...Read more
Does dry eye cause blepharitis or other way around? I have been dx with both years ago, but I go through times with no problems
Neither exactly: blepharitis is basically an overpopulation of bacteria that are normally present at the llid margin. Usually there is microscopic crusting at the bases of the eye lashes. The waste products made by the bacteria can enter the tears and cause irritation, and since dry eye patients have less tears, there is less dilution, so the dry eye irritation is aggravated by a lack of "rinsing." ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Causes of pregnancy symptoms other than pregnancy
- Does blepharitis cause excessive eye blinking?
- Causes of high eye pressure other than glaucoma
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does trichomoniasis transfer in any other way than intercourse?
- Does blepharitis really cause a lot of pain all around the eye?
- How often does blepharitis cause abnormal eye blinking?
- Does a yeast infection cause vaginal cancer or any other serious problems?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online