Doctor insights on:
Does Benadryl Make You Sleepy
Older ones do: First generation antihistamines (benadryl, clor-pheramine, atarax) cross the blood brain barrier and cause lethargy. Second generation (allegra, claritin, zyrtec, xyzal, (levocetirizine) clarinex) cause the blood brain barrier at a much lesser amount and more targeted to the h1 receptor. ...Read more
Avoid chronic use: The demorol in mpergan can accumlate with fatal consequences if taken repeatedly over a perioid of time. Generally the toxiicity causes seizures and hyper-irritability but you should be aware. ...Read more
Benadryl (diphenhydramine): around 8 to 12 hoursGet a more detailed answer ›
Depends: on the metabolism of the drug in your system and other factors, can be few to sveral hours, and may be not at all, ...Read more
Medication SEs: Yes. Of course.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does lortab make you sleepy?
- Does tamiflu make you sleepy?
- Does cayenne make you sleepy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does antibiotics make you sleepy?
- Does antihistamine make you sleepy?
- Does ginger make you sleepy?
- Does zyrtec make you sleepy?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free