Doctor insights on:
Does Beer Cause Constipation
Can drinking heavily, cause diahrrea 2 days later in a person with IBS (constipation dominant)? Or is something else more likely?
Probably not: It does depend WHAT you are drinking. some components of alcoholic beverages like beer can contain carbohydrates that some people don't tolerate. It s unlikely to be the alcohol itself. Especially if its two days later. Do you tend to eat differently when driniking? That may also contribute ...Read more
Several: Most common being meds, not eating healthy, not drinking enough fluids, sedentary lifestyle, and not taking enough fiber. Hypothyroidism, certain electrolyte disturbances, diabetes, poor eating habbits, laxative abuse and a lot others. The goal is to eat healthy, drink a lot of fluids, stay active, and eat your daily fiber. If this is not helping then see your physician for further workup. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many things: Constipation can be caused by lot of problems. Though usually diet related, other causes are medications (narcotics) or (less commonly) hypothyroidism. The first thing you should do is evaluate how much water you are taking in a day (>8 cups/day) and how much fiber you are eating (25 to 35 g/day). If that doesn't work, look to see if you are taking too many constipating foods like dairy or pasta. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does almond milk cause constipation?
- Does red wine cause constipation?
- Does ibuprofen cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does biotin cause constipation?
- Does pepto bismol cause constipation?
- Does pomegranate cause constipation?
- Does honey cause constipation?
- Talk to an addiction specialist online for free