Doctor insights on:
Does Beano Cause Constipation
Fermented...: Many fibers, particularly the water insoluble kind, are readily fermented by your gut flora. Some people have certain intolerances to bean husks (try beano), to wheat/barley/rye (gluten sensitivity), ;/or have a particularly active population in their gut of gas-forming organisms (try bifidobacter-containing probiotics). Maybe altered GI motility, ibs, air swallowing, maldigestion/malabsorption? ...Read more
Constipation: Constipation refers to inability to pass stool, having to strain to pass stool, or passing hard stools. It is a function of diet, water intake, medication and lifestyle. Many hard cheeses can contribute to constipation while soft cheese(ricotta, cottage) can cause more looser stools. Eating cheese without sufficient fiber, fluids and fresh fruis and vegetables can contribute to constipation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does beano have side effects?
- Does beano make you fart?
- Does lucozade cause constipation?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does ketamine cause constipation?
- Does coumadin cause constipation?
- Does constipation cause backache?
- Does peanut cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online