Doctor insights on:
Does Banana Have Calcium
I drink about 24 oz. Of coconut water for the potassium, as well as a banana almost daily. I take magnesium/calcium supplements. What's left to try?
1200 mg daily: A good rule of thumb for adults is 1200 mg daily plus what you take in with meals. Calcium supplements usually come in 600 mg tablets and you take one twice daily. They may contain vitamin d in the amount of 400 units each as well, though you can get them without the vit. D. Pending your age, risks, medical conditions etc, you should be safe. If quesitons, ask your pcp about you in particular. ...Read more
Several!: Too much vitamin d with large calcium doses. But a tumor (s) of your parathyroid gland is a major concern. It ccan be primary of secondary. Also, frequently overlooked, is hyperthyroidism. You need a pth, ionized calcium, 25-oh- vitamin d, and TSH obtained to check these out. Finally calcium can be elevated if your protein levels are too high. Doctors have formulae that can differentiate this! ...Read more
Let me help: Nausea and vomiting, muscle weakness, and excessive drowsiness are some of the possible symptoms that may occur with an overdose of calcium. Symptoms of an overdose may occur if your dosage exceeds the tolerable upper intake level" (ul), which is 2500 mg (2.5 grams) daily. If you happen to take too much calcium, be sure to seek medical attention right away. ...Read more
No: Eating a banana a day is unlikely to make you fat as long as it's part of a healthy & balanced diet. But it's also a good idea to eat a varied diet w/lots of different fruits & vegetables, lean proteins, healthy oils, etc. Don't forget that regular exercise is also a must for good health & to maintain your weight. ...Read more
Definitely: The best practice is to eat a variety (different colors) of fruits and vegetables to maximize the nutrients provided by each. Regardless, apples and bananas are very healthy. Apples have a higher sugar content than some other fruits, but this is not to worry about as the body metabolizes this sugar well. Foods with added processed/refined sugar can pose a long term health risk. ...Read more
Various things: Poor absorption due to unhealthy gut with food allergies and inflammation, low calcium intake, low parathyroid hormone, low vitamin d level - start 30iu per pound and measure level in 3 months and adjust dosing, low magnesium level. Have a doc check for the above and come up with a managment plan. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor online
- Docusate calcium vs docusate sodium
- Foods without iron or calcium
- Is calcium carbonate alkaline?
- Do bananas have vitamin d?
- Do bananas have vitamin k?
- Does banana cause mucus?
- Differences between calcium phosphate calcium carbonate
- What are the dangers of calcium chloride as a food additive?
- What effect do tums have on your calcium level?
- What is the difference in calcium citrate calcium sulfate?
- Does banana cause cold?
- Does tea have potassium?
- Do green beans have calcium?
- Does predisone have any calcium or vitamin d in it?
- I have high calcium and phosphorous levels what does this mean
- Does eating bananas cause phlegm?
- Can one have a glass of wine with a calcium channel blocker?
- Does acidic food deplete calcium in the bones?
- Does chicken have calcium?
- Pentetate calcium trisodium medication