Doctor insights on:
Does Banana Cause Constipation
Eat Balanced Diet: The most common cause of constipation is inadequate dietary fluid and fiber. Eating a well balanced diet which consists of fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts; combined with a minimum fluid intake of 48 ounces of water (more is better) is the best way to prevent constipation. Recommended daily fiber intake for adults is 38 grams for males, 26 grams for females. ...Read more
Constipation: Constipation refers to inability to pass stool, having to strain to pass stool, or passing hard stools. It is a function of diet, water intake, medication and lifestyle. Many hard cheeses can contribute to constipation while soft cheese(ricotta, cottage) can cause more looser stools. Eating cheese without sufficient fiber, fluids and fresh fruis and vegetables can contribute to constipation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
They can: I often use bananas as a natural therapy in infants to firm up their runny poo. Along with pasta, apples, bread & some cheeses, these foods tend to slow the stool as it moves thru the intestines.The effect tends to be volume related, so a little may not constipate while a lot may. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do bananas cause constipation in toddlers?
- Do bananas cause constipation in babies?
- Does banana cause mucus?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does banana cause phlegm?
- Does banana cause belly fat?
- Does eating bananas cause phlegm?
- Does lucozade cause constipation?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online