Doctor insights on:
Does Bacterial Conjunctivitis Usually Go Away On Its Own
Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the thin mucous membrane that lines the front surface of the eyeball and the inside of the eyelids. As the inflammation increases, it causes the tiny blood vessels in the conjunctiva to dilate, thus leading to a redness of the eye. Depending on the cause of the conjunctitis there can also be itching, irritation, and discharge ...Read more
Chlamydial Sx: Chlamydia does not go away on its own. Other less common bacterial conjuctivitis definitely needs rx. ...Read more
Usually: Bacterial conjunctivitis goes away in a few days on it's own. In england, as a rule , they do not treat common conjunctivitis because it is difficult to distinguish bacterial from viral conjunctivitis & both almost always go away on their own. Their reasoning is that the cost of the preparations used for treatment outweighs the benefits. That said, treatment may hasten recovery & limit spread. ...Read more
Wait...: ...1 week.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will bacterial conjunctivitis go away on its own
- Does bacterial pink eye go away on its own?
- Will bacterial pink eye go away on its own
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How does hpv go away on its own?
- Does hpv go away on its own in men?
- Does syphilis go away on its own?
- Does ibs go away on its own?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free