Doctor insights on:
Does Avastin Cause Loss Of Appetite
My husband is undergoing chemo/avastin for stage 4 non small cell lung cancer. Dr stopped chemo after 6 cycles cause weight loss. Is this risky?
Lots: There are many causes for losing your appetite -- some primarily physical and some psychological, but all equally real. Depression is one of the most common in your age range; also alcohol or drug abuse. Sometimes people restrict their food intake, as in eating disorders. Please work with your physician to determine the cause and treat it appropriately. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
It could: Hiatal hernia is a deformity whereby the stomach pushes through the diaphragm and parts of the stomach instead of being under the diaphragm sits in the chest cavity. This causes a lot of various symptoms such as pain burping and early satiety which is what you're describing. It can also cause nausea. ...Read more
Many variables: Some people who are experiencing anxiety, are also feeling sad, depressed, which could lead to loss of appetite. When person is anxious it may cause the certain neurochemical and psychological changes in your brain&mind which will decrease your appetite. That's why the consultation with psychiatrist is an important step which will help you to explore the causes of appetite loss for you personally. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does alcohol withdrawal cause loss of appetite?
- Does anemia cause loss of appetite?
- Does stress cause loss of appetite?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does smoking cause loss of appetite?
- Does strep throat cause hoarseness or loss of voice?
- What does loss of appetite mean?
- How long does loss of appetite associated with strep throat last?
- Talk to a general internist online for free