Doctor insights on:
Does Artificial Sweeteners Cause Tooth Decay
Sugar substitute is also known as Artificial sweeteners. Sugar subsitites are chemicals that taste like sugar but have no calories and do not change blood sugar when consumed, they include: saccharine, aspartame (equal) sucralose (splenda), and stevia only the ...Read more
Bacteria: Tooth decay is caused by bacteria living in your mouth. The bacteria use carbohydrates (sugars) to produce acids which breakdown the surface of the tooth. This breakdown is tooth decay. Keep in mind, it is not how much sweet things you eat but how often you eat them that affect tooth decay. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Absolutely: There are a whole host of medical problems that can arise from allowing dental issues to go untreated. Everything from an increased risk of heart disease, difficulty controlling blood sugar levels, and of course the possibility of infection. Don't let dental problems go untreated! ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Do artificial sweeteners cause tooth decay?
- Does alcohol cause tooth decay?
- Does carbon dioxide cause tooth decay?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does teething cause baby bottle tooth decay?
- Does honey cause tooth decay?
- Does artificial sweetener cause cancer?
- Does diabetes cause tooth decay?
- Talk to a dentist online for free