Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Know What Stachybotrys And Cryptococcus Might Be
Splenectomy scheduled do to 3.8cm tumor. Own a farm with pigeons present (Cryptococcus). Is this a valid concern? I know it's an odd question.
Multiple: Tests that may be done include: blood culture ct scan of the head sputum culture and stain lung biopsy bronchoscopy spinal tap to obtain a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (csf) cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) culture and other tests to check for signs of infection chest x-ray cryptococcal antigen test (looks for a certain molecule that the cryptococcus fungus can shed. ...Read more
What would cause cryptococcus albidus to be growing so thick on my sons head...Dsmo and stieprox are the treament. It covers the entire top of head?
Like any fungus...: ...It grows where it finds food. If the scalp is irritated by an allergy or mechanical scraping, it may produce discharge on which the cryptococcus could feed and grow. ...Read more
Medication: Cryptococcosis that does not affect the central nervous system can be treated with Fluconazole alone. Cryptococcal meningitis should be treated for two weeks with intravenous amphotericin b and oral Flucytosine or intravenous Flucytosine if the patient is unable to swallow). This should then be followed by oral Fluconazole for ten weeks[7. ...Read more
Cryptosporidiosis: What you need to be concerned about is cyptosporidiosis, not cryptococcus. Both are present in the soil. Cryptococcus affects immunosuppresed individuals. Cryptosporidiosis can affect healthy people but, with infrequent exceptions, it is a mild flu like illness. Unless you have underlying illness, there is no need to be scared. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How do you know if your birth control has failed and if you might be pregnant?
- What is pearly penile papules and dont want anyone to know what can i do?
- Anyone know what this brown line growing on my fingernail could be
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does anyone know what side effectcs are if i suddenly stop taking carbidopa?
- Does anyone ever recover from chronic fatigue syndrome and be normal again?
- What dietary carbohydrate does not need to be broken down at all for the body to absorb and use?
- Does anyone know why my cheek bone is bruised and swollen?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online