Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Know What Stachybotrys And Cryptococcus Might Be
What would cause cryptococcus albidus to be growing so thick on my sons head...Dsmo and stieprox are the treament. It covers the entire top of head?
Like any fungus...: ...It grows where it finds food. If the scalp is irritated by an allergy or mechanical scraping, it may produce discharge on which the cryptococcus could feed and grow. ...Read more
Cryptosporidiosis: What you need to be concerned about is cyptosporidiosis, not cryptococcus. Both are present in the soil. Cryptococcus affects immunosuppresed individuals. Cryptosporidiosis can affect healthy people but, with infrequent exceptions, it is a mild flu like illness. Unless you have underlying illness, there is no need to be scared. ...Read more
Yes: The fungus had previously affected only people with weakened immune systems. It is absorbed through the lungs and the symptoms of infection, which can appear two to several months after exposure, can include chest pain, shortness of breath, headache, fever and a cough lasting weeks. ...Read more
Multiple: Tests that may be done include: blood culture ct scan of the head sputum culture and stain lung biopsy bronchoscopy spinal tap to obtain a sample of cerebrospinal fluid (csf) cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) culture and other tests to check for signs of infection chest x-ray cryptococcal antigen test (looks for a certain molecule that the cryptococcus fungus can shed. ...Read more
Medication: Cryptococcosis that does not affect the central nervous system can be treated with Fluconazole alone. Cryptococcal meningitis should be treated for two weeks with intravenous amphotericin b and oral Flucytosine or intravenous Flucytosine if the patient is unable to swallow). This should then be followed by oral Fluconazole for ten weeks[7. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does anyone know about bechets disease?
- Does anyone know of a home treatment for sciatica?
- Does anyone know the long term implications of hyponatremia?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does anyone know what side effectcs are if i suddenly stop taking carbidopa?
- Does anyone know why my cheek bone is bruised and swollen?
- Does anyone know a person who had a cardioversion for atrial fibrillation?
- Does anyone know anything about getting a breast augmentation in guatemala?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online