Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Know How To Get Rid Of A Croupy Cough
Croupy cough: Take your child to the washroom,and turn on the hot shower and have him breath in the hot steam the child for 30 minutes.use a vaporizer at night as well as elevating the mattress.Use salt water nose drops if the child's nose is running. Tea and honey may help and avoid milk because milk makes mucus ...Read more
What to do if i always get a "croupy" cough at least one time in the winter. Could it be due to my fireplace?
Probably Not: Once a year suggests that you have an occasional viral infection.The fireplace should bother you much more often. ...Read more
Yes: Asthma has many symptoms that can include a cough. Typically the cough is described as dry but can also have a croupy nature. It is not uncommon to diagnose a child with recurrent croup as an asthmatic. Asthma is more likely if symptoms increased with exertion, more severe than a typical cold or associated with other asthma symptoms such as wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. ...Read more
Maybe both: Croup is caused by a respiratory virus, usually parainfluenzavirus, and is common in late summer & autumn. Any respiratory infection can trigger an episode of wheezing in people who have asthma so its possible to have both croup & asthma. Albuterol relieves the cough of asthma but will not help croup. So if that croupy cough doesn't respond to albuterol check in with your pediatrician. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I am a teacher, and I often have a child in my class who has a croupy cough. Is it very contagious?
Nutritional: I had a child with repeated episodes of life threatening croup who responded to administration of vitamin b1. This is because the nervous mechanism to the vocal chords is compromised. Vitamin b1 is very common because of all the sugar that kids are taking. Sugar is to gas in a car to the quality of vitamin b1 is to the spark plug. It sounds strange because we always think that croup is infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does anyone know how to reduce or get rid of eye floaters?
- Does anyone know a good way to get rid of keloids caused by piercings?
- What does a croupy cough sound like?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does anyone know how estrogen creams relate to menopause and bleeding?
- Does anyone out there know how to deal with umbilical hernia without surgery?
- Does anyone know how to reduce my eye floaters?
- Does anyone know how vaginal friction burns can happen?
- Talk to a pediatrician online