Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Know A Good Way To Get Rid Of Keloids Caused By Piercings
Several: There are a number of treatments for keloids. We have had good luck with surgical removal of the entire keloid (for example, on the earlobe) and then a series of injections of steroid directly into the scar from the excision beginning 3 weeks postop and continuing every three weeks for a total of 3-4 injections. Other treatments include pressure and low dose radiation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Variety of options: There are a variety of options ranging from steroid injections, dermabrasion/ laser resurfacing or a small office procedure to remove the scar tissue. I hope this information is helpful. Stephen weber, M.D., f.A.C.S. Lone tree facial plastic surgeon. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What is the best procedure to get rid of keloids? Permanently? I have one on my ear cartilage on the top by my piercing.
What to do if i just took my monroe piercing out and a keloid is formed. Does anyone know how to get rid of it?
See below: See a dermatologist or a plastic surgeon. There are many options available. Good luck from nyc. ...Read more
Injections first: If you have a true keloid scar the best first line treatment is steroid injection. If that fails to improve the keloid to your satisfaction the next option is excision which comes with very high recurrence rates (and can come back worse than the original) and a postop regimen of silicone, pressure, and in severe cases even radiation treatment. I would suggest removing the jewelry if treating it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keloid: Is it really a keloid? You can have the scar evaluated by a board certified physician who can tell you what the best option for you is. ...Read more
About a month ago I got three cartilage piercings and a few days ago I noticed a keloid on each piercing. How do I reduce or get rid of them?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How to get rid of keloids caused by piercings?
- Does anyone know how to get rid of a croupy cough?
- What is a good sinus rinse to get rid of bacteria that causes odor?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What is a good way to get rid of really thick dandruff?
- What is the best way to get rid of the dark skin caused by lichen amyloidosis?
- How to get rid of a headache caused by high blood pressure?
- What is a good way to get rid of lice?
- Talk to a dermatologist online