Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Have A Freckle Inside Their Eye
Yes, not uncommon: What you describe is a melanocytic nevus. A nevus is another name for a mole and they can also occur in the eye. In fact they can occur anywhere where pigment is present (skin, eye, inner ear, meninges, bone & heart). So it is not uncommon to have a mole in the eye. As with a skin mole, it should be checked. See an ophthalmologist periodically to ensure that it is benign & not changing. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
A freckle is a small brown spot on your skin, caused by sun exposure. Use your abcde's to tell the difference between a freckle and skin cancer. A=asymmetry. B=border [irregular]. C=color [irregular]. D=diameter [larger than a pencil eraser]. E=evolving [change in color, size, height, new symptoms like bleeding, itching or crusting]. These are danger signs that ...Read more
Not likely to fade.: so would be permanent.Get a more detailed answer ›
Eye freckles: Eye freckles, or pigment spots, can occur on the white of the eye (especially in people who have more darkly pigmented skin) or actually inside the eye. This most commonly occurs on the iris, or colored part of the eye, but can also occur under the retina in the back of the eye. ...Read more
I have what looks to be a red freckle under my eye. It's been there my whole life. Is it really a freckle or could it be something else?
Many do: I suppose you mean you were told by an ophthalmologist that you a freckle behind your left eye. The doctor probably saw a mole in the choroidal tissue under the retina. Many people have these. They are just like moles elsewhere. Majority do not change. Only a very few may enlarge and cause trouble. Check it yearly. ...Read more
Choriodal Nevi: This means freckle in eye. Most of them are benign, but you want to follow the recommendation of an ophthalmologist as sometimes people can have choroidal melanoma - a tumor in the eye. Typically photographs can be taken to monitor for changes and if so then sometimes a biopsy is needed. Please see your ophthalmologist if you have not done so. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does anyone have a child that has to wear an eye patch?
- Does anyone have a cure for burps that smell like rotten eggs?
- Why does my eye hurt when i have a cold?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How hard does someone have to hit their head for it to cause a brain bleed?
- What does it mean to have a dot of blood in your eye?
- Does anyone know any long term effects or problems from having a sacral dimple?
- Does anyone have a suggestion on how to reduce abdominal swelling after surgery?
- Talk to a dermatologist online