Doctor insights on:
Does Anyone Have A Child That Has To Wear An Eye Patch
My daughter: My first child was born with strabismus due to abnormal development of some of the muscles in her eyes. She was treated with patching therapy for a number of months starting around 3 months & again around 18 months. She tolerated it fine & as she got older, wore the patch in daycare without any problems from the other kids! we bought patches with cute designs & the other kids thought it was cool! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends: It depends on what anesthesia your eye md uses. If a needle is used to numb up the eye, then you will receive an eye patch to wear until the day after surgery. If you have eye drops to numb op the eye, then you might have a shield to cover the eye, but usually no eye patch. You should ask your surgeon. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Difficult: You can tape it on, but kids don't like that and will remove it. You can fabricate a fun patch with a design with a little sewing talent and an elastic cord. There are commercial patches like 'opticlude' which can provide good occlusion. In all cases the child will be unhappy with the loss of vision from the better eye so it requires effort on the part of the parents and child. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes...Especially while sleeping...For 14 days.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not really: The patch of course blocks the vision in the eye covered but does not change the condition of the underlying eye. Patching is used in infants and children to force an increase in vision in the open eye to prevent a condition called amblyopia. But such an effect is not seen in adults. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How long should a baby to wear an eye patch to correct a lazy eye?
- Does anyone have a cure for burps that smell like rotten eggs?
- I can feel a strong pulse below my stomach does this mean that i have an aaa
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- What does it mean to have a dot of blood in your eye?
- Can i wear an eye patch while driving to correct double vision?
- I have a lazy eye should i go to an ophthalmologist or to an optometrist
- Is it safe to wear only one contact lens if i have a lazy eye?
- Talk to a pediatrician online