Doctor insights on:
Does Antiphospholipid Syndrome Cause Intrauterine Growth Restriction
Lupus: Yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Antiphospholipid antibodies are components in one's blood that can increase the risk of blood clots especially in the smallest blood vessels called capillaries. These individuals are prone to deep venous thrombosis in the leg and potentially pulmonary ...Read more
Baby measured 2 days smaller on anatomy scan @ 20 weeks. How can avoid intrauterine growth restriction? Diet is not too varied but i eat healthily.
Consult with OB-GYN: Not knowing more about you it's very important that you talk about this finding with your ob-gyn for the sake of your baby and your emotional state of mind. You only want the best for this baby and your want to do everything to insure a healthy child is born. ...Read more
I have enlarged periportal lymph nodes which have remained the same size for the past 6 months. I have antiphospholipid syndrome. Could that cause it?
APLAS and lymph node: Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome can cause strokes, heart attacks, miscarriages, deep venous thromboses, pulmonary emboli, livedo reticularis, chorea, and several other things but doesn't cause lymphadenopathy per se. It is much more likely that some underlying condition is causing both the lymph nodes and the abnormal antibodies. Please see a hematologist to sort out what could be going on. ...Read more
No: Apa, along with lupus anti-coagulant antibody, are two antibodies that attack the areas in the cell wall of growing tissue, especially the fast-growing placental tissue of an early pregnancy. It is estimated that 1-5% of the american population has apa syndrome. The most worrisome effects are miscarriage and blood clot disorders. ...Read more
Why do antiphospholipid syndrome autoantibodies sometimes cause paresthesias/dysesthesias and psychiatric issues? (info found on pubmed)
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does twin twin transfusion syndrome cause fetal growth restriction?
- Does hypothyroidism cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does placental infarction cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does fibroids cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does congenital toxoplasmosis in fetus cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does smoking cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Does nicotine addiction cause intrauterine growth restriction?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free