Doctor insights on:
Does Amoxicillin Treat Strep Throat
I started amoxicillin yesterday for strep throat, and realized today that i have a UTI as well, will the amoxicillin treat both at the same time?
Is 80mg/kg/day amoxicillin too high for a 35lbs 3yo kid to treat strep throat? I read 20-50mg/kg/day is the usual, wondering if mistake made on Rx.
How do you treat strep throat if I'm allergic to bactrim, keflex, cipro, (ciprofloxacin) and amoxicillin? Also allergic to inactive ingredient propylene glycol.
Yes: Amoxicillin is a penicillin-type of medication, and works very well against strep throat infections. The doctor can calculate the correct dose and the proper amount of time to use the amoxicillin. Strep throat is contagious and quite common in the community, meaning we primary care doctors see such infections every week. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Dosing: Why are you asking? If there are concerns speak with the pharmacist or the prescribing doctor ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Will amoxicillin treat strep throat
- Does biaxin treat strep throat?
- Does bactrim treat strep throat?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does zithromax treat strep throat?
- Does levaquin treat strep throat?
- Does doxycycline treat strep throat?
- Amoxicillin dose strep throat
- Talk to a pediatrician online