Doctor insights on:
Does Amitriptyline Cause Weight Gain
It is possible: Fluoxetine is an ssri anti-depressant, anti-anxiety medication that can cause weight changes as a possible side effect. In most of my patients, weight changes have been minor. However, some patients report larger weight changes, including more significant weight gain or weight loss. If you are gaining weight and concerned about it, talk to your doctor. ...Read more
Does Requip cause weight gain? Does Gabapentin cause weight gain? Does Lyrica (pregabalin) cause weight gain? Thanks!
Weight/seizure meds: The mechanism that causes weight gain due to use of anti-convulsants is not absolutely known, but it is suggested that lowered glucose levels stimulate the hypothalamus to increase appetite. Further explanation of this process can be found in the following publication: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11735653 ...Read more
Promethazine or: Phenergan is an anti-histamine which is used to treat allergies, motion sickness, nausea, vomiting, control of pain. Its most common side effects are drowsiness, dizziness, constipation, dry mouth and blurred vision. But weight gain is not uncommonly reported...the drug may interact with appetite suppression mechanisms. Extra care should be taken to carefully monitor food intake/increase activity ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does amitriptyline cause weight loss?
- Does amitriptyline make you gain weight?
- Amitriptyline 10mg weight gain
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does clomid cause weight gain?
- Does silenor cause weight gain?
- Does stress cause weight gain?
- Does viibryd cause weight gain?
- Talk to a psychiatrist online for free