Doctor insights on:
Does Als Affect Speech
I've only had one injection and have been using the pull out method. I had a regular cycle for 2 months but didn't get one for this month. Ive als?
Neurologic disease: Amylotrophic lateral sclerosis- a neurologic disease affects motor function, leads to muscle weakness and significant disability. Also known as lou gehrigs disease. If you or family are diagnosed with this or if you want to learn more, visit www.Alsa.Org. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually not: Pain is not usually a prominent presenting symptom in ALS, but can occur due to spasticity, muscle spasms, and even co-morbities. About 50% of cases experience some pain. One caveat, pelvic pain may herald infection, especially urinary, and chest pain, possibly pneumonia. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
All symptomatic : The sole drug on the market, riluzole, might delay placement of tracheostomy and slow disease somewhat, but other that feeding tubes, and breathing support, and meds to assist varioius complications, there is not a successful intervention available. Some support can be achieved through the ALS society, and believe mda still assists also. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does laryngomalacia affect speech?
- What muscles in head and neck does als affect?
- Swallowing and speech in als
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does arthritis mimic als?
- Brain tumor that affects speech
- Pituitary affect speech
- Does a zinc supplement cause als?
- Talk to a neurologist online