Doctor insights on:
Does Alcohol Stunt Growth
Can drinking alcohol as early as 7 or 8 years old once per week stunt your growth? Especially your height growth?
Not sure: what exactly you mean by "alcohol once a week". First of all no 7 or 8 y/o should be consuming alcoholic beverages. I am not sure that it is the alcohol per se though that is the only factor if your growth was stunted. Many other factors including genetics, diet, stress etc. But not a good idea for preteens to be consuming alcoholic beverages ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No, it doesn't stunt: Growth. Shark fin soup, made from the cartilaginous pectoral & dorsal fins of shark, has been in use since at least the ming dynasty in china. It is used medicinally in china to v cholesterol & combat cancer & heart disease but it's benefits are controversial. There is a health risk in ingesting shark fins. It is a predator fish with of high levels of bmaa (neurotoxin), arsenic & methylmercury. ...Read more
Many: Genetic or nutritional factors are the usual answer. See a pediatirician. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Does obesity stunt growth?
- Does testosterone stunt growth?
- Can alcohol stunt your growth?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Does coffe stunt your growth?
- Does rice stunt your growth?
- Does weight lifting stunt growth?
- Does smoking cigarettes stunt growth?
- Does drinking stunt growth?